Posts Tagged ‘Collaboration’
AUGIWorld August 2011 Issue Released!
• Collaboration is more than just a tidy word to describe diverse users working together toward a common goal. Collaboration is a mindset and a culture which, fortunately for Autodesk product users, is aided significantly by the products they use every day.
• In “Keys to Collaboration Success,” author Brian Benton offers some practical tips for collaborating on AutoCAD projects.
• Melinda Heavrin’s article “Collaboration with Autodesk Design Review” elaborates on how drawing markups can become an easy, streamlined operation.
• And Andra Marquardt demonstrates how AutoCAD Map handles the critical process of file import and export in “Speaking the Same Language.”
Here are the direct links to the issue!Low Resolution PDF (6.9mb) / High Resolution PDF (30.0mb) / Read it Online
Also in the August 2011 issue of AUGIWorld:
• The Autodesk Exchange Apps Store: In June, Autodesk launched a marketplace where you can find great apps—plug-ins, block libraries, e-books, training videos, and more. Free apps, trials, products for purchase—as close as a tab in AutoCAD 2012. Stephen Preston shows you around the store.
• Collaboration in a Multi-Disciplinary/Multi-Firm Environment: Bryan Tanner shows you how to share drawing files efficiently with those inside – and outside – your environment by using great tools inside AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Collaborating with Autodesk Inventor Publisher: In our technology-driven world, the ability to share designs and communicate effectively has never been so important. John Evans illustrates how Inventor Publisher is up to the task.
• Electrical and Mechanical Coordination: Revit MEP works admirably as a method for bringing mechanical and electrical engineers together. Todd Shackelford shows you how it’s done.
• Revit Collaboration: Then and Now: Troy Gates looks back on how collaboration workflow once worked in Autodesk Revit, and how it is done today. An emerging technology is also making inroads.
• Collaboration with Revit Structure—Work Sharing: Phil Russo takes you step by step through collaboration in Revit Structure. Lots of tips and tricks here.
• Collaboration and Data Management for AEC Projects: What’s Autodesk’s vision for collaborating with the Revit platform? It’s 360. Revit Design Product Line Manager Anthony Hauck elaborates.
• Collaboration & Interoperability: Seth Borne describes a plethora of third-party modeling solutions and techniques for integrating assets into 3ds Max.
• Value-Driven Project Delivery: Understanding the needs and requirements of clients is critical to delivering successful projects. Here are six keys to success, from Andrew Abernathy.
• 15 Questions with Shawn Hendricks: This month’s Autodesk Insiders column provides a look into the world of Shawn Hendricks, Senior Technical Marketing & Video Production Manager, Media & Entertainment Marketing.
• Inside Track: Recent developments in Autodesk and related software.
• Heads Up! Updates, service packs, and more…from the pages at Autodesk.com.